Monday, January 21, 2013

Korean Christmas

 

The college gave us a couple weeks for the winter break and after my jam-packed Jordan/Egypt trip last winter, I decided to spend Christmas doing something relaxing and more ‘family’ oriented.  So, I joined my Korean ‘family’ for a week.  I’ve spent the last decade of Christmases on and off with my friends Kimberley and Chai and missed the last two years while off traveling so I was excited to see them.  Also, they have a cute little addition to their family who I was anxious to meet up with again.

The first night they decided to torture the poor desert dweller by going on a family outing to a Christmas village, at night, in –13 degree weather.

korea2012 027

korea2012 016

The lights were pretty and there were statues of Santa and his crew all over the place…whipping the kids up into a frenzy.  This is Kimberley and Kai with one of the many Santas.  We ended our night with hot chocolate and a sleepy drive back into the city.

Then it was Christmas fun for the rest of the week.  Christmas Eve dinner with friends

korea2012 040

Kim’s spicy chilli with cheese and sour cream..yummm

korea2012 039

Helping out Santa with a few construction jobs at 3am.

korea2012 042

Then came Christmas morning and all the toys.

korea2012 068

korea2012 050

Kai with his best friend Inez….who knew mechanic fish were so interesting?

korea2012 097

It was a great visit but I wish I had planned for a longer visit. 

korea2012 100

No comments: