Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hired for work in the UAE

About six weeks ago I had a video interview with two nice ladies working with the Higher Colleges of Technology  in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and soon after I was offered a contract with their Al Ayn Woman's College campus.   

This is the UAE and you can see my new city, Al Ayn, just on the border of Oman.  It's about 140klms from the capital city of Abu Dhabi.


Much like working in Korea, I needed to prove my educational qualifications, get a police record and do a few other paperwork tasks for the government okay but then I was officially hired. 
They sent an airline ticket for August 13th so that's when I'm going to be off on my newest adventure...hence, this blog.  If you want to see photos and learn about Al Ayn City and the UAE along with me, feel free to follow along for the next while.  I've signed a three year contract but who knows how long I'll be there.

In the meantime, I'm just enjoying time with my family and the Canadian summer.

Sailing with my sister Christine and brother-in-law Mark

Me and my mom and dad at the pub

My nieces Asia (top) and Emerson (bottom)

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Well... how is it so far?

I'm looking forward to hearing about it. Good luck in the new job and new country!