Monday, March 19, 2012

A good Week

Roses and garnets on the
cake for Rose and Garnet!
So I'm counting down the days until I go to Athens for spring break.  It's going to be sooooo good but I'm also still having fun here.  Rose, one of my 'podmates' in the office got engaged so we had a little lunch and I baked a cake.

I was also invited to a 1920's murder mystery dinner so I spent some time the last couple of weeks sewing and creating a costume.  I went with the drop waisted look with pearls and a fancy headband.










The dinner was great.  We all had to use a password to get into the speakeasy onboard the SS Titania and Chernell (Sharon) and Lord Luton (Serge) had set the mood with roaring '20s music, old newspaper articles and games.  Apparently, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches had just been invented and were all the rage so those were our appetites as well as deviled eggs which were big at the time.  My character was Agatha Sotherby, a mystery novelist and I decided she was from the south so I spoke with a southern accent all night.  I also kept promoting my newest novel "Murder on the Mississippi", the cover of which I created and taped to my Kindle. 

Lots of fun with costumes.
The dinner was fantastic and discovering all the clues was so much fun.  My character had been having an affair with Vic Tory the flyboy and we had faked my kidnapping so that he could get airplane parts in an attempt to cross the Atlantic before Charles Lindburg.  I was also responsible for writing poison pen letters to a few of the characters...quite the trouble maker :)  Liz (in front) was an opera singer with a lot of secrets.  Linda (the ship's doctor) was a gambler and a womanizer and Sharon (to the right) was a fashion designer with an secret child by the Lord.  Jerry (next to me) was a black widow..all very scandalous.  I won't say whodunit but it wasn't me :)

1 comment:

christine said...

looks so cool. Love how you taped a cover to your Kindle(not quite 1920's is it?)