Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hanging out at home

This week has been kind of a 'getting used to my place' week.  Where do I eat my meals, how do I actually prepare the meals in my bizzaro oven, where does that weird dookicky go and so on.  I've gotten most of the unslightly wall damage and odd electrical boxes covered up with art of one kind or another.  There have been some great deals at the mall so it hasn't cost me much to put some interesting things up.  I haven't invested in more than $20 for any one piece.  I even bought some blank canvases and paint and painted a few pieces myself for about $10 each.  One of them actually turned out good enough that I don't cringe when I walk past it.

The building cat, Scruffy, has adopted me and hangs out when I'm home.  He's very lovable but meows a lot so he gets kicked out at night.  He goes upstairs to his 'official' caretaker to sleep.



I've also been enjoying the outdoors a bit more as the temperature is falling to a comfy 37/38 at noon.  In the early morning and the evening it's okay for sitting or slowly walking now.  I'm looking at BBQs now so I'll be ready for next month.  As it is, I'm having fun watching out my windows at all the flora and fauna.


A bird dangles off a banana fruit flower outside my kitchen window
It's good that there is a lot of entertainment going on around me as I still don't have TV or internet but I guess I'm more motivated to go out and do things so I'm not going to complain. 

1 comment:

Gary Rowland said...

Gary and Marjorie are enjoying your adventures.