Monday, September 19, 2011

The weather

Last night we lost our building's electricity for 4 hours.   I think that some idiot cut something that he wasn't supposed to because no one would give us a straight answer and they claimed to be 'working' on the mosque down the road at 10:00pm which caused the outage.  It turned out alright because my neighbors and I sat out in the hall for a while and chatted.  This was only possible because the incredibly opressive heat has been replaced by a nice summer heat.  I eventually gave up and went to bed without air conditioning.  Of course, at 1:30 everything came back on and woke me up but at least I didn't wake up in a pool of my own sweat this morning.

It was so nice today that the students opened the windows and I taught class to a lovely breeze blowing in and the sound of songbirds.

The latest update on my internet is that the company is going to dig a hole for the fibre optic cable this week.  I may be stupidly optimistic but I'm going to assume that I'll have internet by next week sometime.  I wonder if I should buy a shovel and offer to help out :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Can't they get a Camel to do it???